Alabaster Box is taken from the
scriptures in Matthew 26 : 6- 12 when Mary shows her great love for
Jesus by breaking open her alabaster box and pouring her
oil (praise) on Him. We want our praise to be to Jesus like
the oil in Mary’s
Colors and what they mean:
- blood of Jesus, Sin washed clean, Warfare, Holy Spirit Isa.
- celebration, joy, gift Ps. 68:13
- Heaven, Spirit of God, healing Prov. 20:30
- renewal, new beginning Gen 9:3
- Yeshua, Jesus
- Noble, virtuous, royalty, the throne of God Mark 15:17
- richness, God’s abundance, infilling of the Holy Spirit
WHITE - Sins washed clean,
purity and holiness Isa. 1:18
BLACK - sin and death Lam
SILVER - redemption of God’s
people Proverbs 2:3-4
- Glory of God, wisdom, truth, righteousness, precious Col 2:3
- Repented, born again Gen. 30:33
BRONZE / BRASS
- God’s judgment , strength Rev. 1:15
/ RED/ ORANGE
- the fire and the Holy Spirit Ex 3:2
You will find that there may be more symbolism
found for the same colors. This is just a prayerful list of what
we have studied and found.
Why we use banners and other instruments of worship:
In the Old Testament we read that flags were
also called banners, standards or ensigns. These bright pieces
of fabric declared and identified armies marching into battle,
while displaying God's protection over His people.
Today, we use worship instruments to openly proclaim
our love for Jesus. We also use our worships instruments on a
spiritual warfare level when we recognize the spiritual battle
that is going on in the heavenlies, effecting our churches, homes
and everywhere we go.
Ephesians 6:12, "For our struggle is not
against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities,
against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual
forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
We are also declaring freedom to worship openly.
In 2 Cor 3:17 it says: Now, the Lord is the Spirit; and where
the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom
The tambourine has been used since ancient Biblical
times in worship and warfare. We see it was used to celebrate
victory in warfare. Below I have listed a few scriptures but I
encourage you to research and find more on your own.
- In Isaiah 30:32, Lord defeated His enemies
to the sound of the tambourine.
- In Exodus 15:20, our sister Miriam led the
women in praising God for their deliverance from Egypt.
- In 1 Samuel 18:6, you will find David celebrating
victory over the Philistines.
- In Judges 11:34 we find Jephtah's daughter
meeting him after his victory
Here are a few more scriptures of evidence of
the tambourine, other worship instruments and dance being used
in Biblical times.
- Psalm 68:25
- Psalm 81:2
- Psalm 149:3 Let them praise His name with
- Psalm 150:4 Praise Him with tambourine and
- 1 Samuel 10:5
- 2 Samuel 6:5
- 1 Chronicles 13:8
- Jeremiah 31:4
"And David danced before the lord with
all his might" 2 Samuel 6:14
If you would like more information, please contact
Margo Rasmussen at 245-2066